Sales executives are the key point of contact between an organization and its clients: answering queries, offering advice, and introducing new products.
How you contact these clients will change across different companies and roles. If you’re an ‘inside sales executive’ then you will be working from the office or your accommodation if the position is remote. You may be contacting clients via email, phone and video calls. Other sales executives will often combine this type of work with visits to clients – although, as more people get used to working virtually, video calls may replace sales visits for some sales executives.
Their work includes:
- Meeting with clients virtually or during sales visits
- Demonstrating and presenting products
- Establishing new business
- Maintaining accurate records
- Attending trade exhibitions, conferences, and meetings
- Reviewing sales performance
- Negotiating contracts and packages
- Working towards monthly or annual targets.